“The fear of the Lord is hatred of evil. Pride and arrogance and the way of evil and perverted speech I hate.” (Proverbs 8:13)
1. All secular condemnations of racism are weak. White supremacy is a form of Satanic evil. Those who are unrepentant over racial hatred and white supremacy will suffer eternal conscious torment under the personal wrath of a holy God forever and over. All secular condemnations of racism are therefore understatements not much better than Trump’s own first public statement.
2. If you don’t repent and trust Jesus as true king, you will spend eternity in hell *with* racists and white supremacists. They will be your cellmates and fellow sufferers forever. You will go where they go. You will be what they are. And you will belong to the same group.
3. Expressing strong condemnation of racism or white supremacy doesn’t make you a righteous person. No, that’s too easy. Jesus said that if you want to enter the kingdom you need a righteousness that surpasses even that of the Pharisees (Matthew 5:20). This righteousness exceeds that of liberal social justice warriors and conservative talkshow hosts. This righteousness that can only come from being born again by the living God.
4. Without a Creator your rhetoric of “equality” is empty. Many of you have absolutely nothing in your worldview that justifies the notion that people are equal in dignity, value, or moral obligation. Your worldview has all the ingredients for nasty, cold, brutal social Darwinism, but you aren’t willing to eat it. Eat it! Smell it up close. Taste it. This is your fruitcake, not ours. We have a Creator who made equal image-bearing creatures to reflect his royalty and goodness and virtue and relationship and love. What do you have? What is this magically-from-nothing or useful-to-pretend notion of equality you dream of? Tell me, how did fizzing stardust and pond scum accidentally produce this equality you speak so highly of? Can you not see, my friend, that you desperately want what only a Creator can give?
5. Many of you agnostics and atheists are hypocrites. Years ago you were insisting that there is no objective good or evil, no God, no ultimate purpose, no real justice in the world, no intrinsic value, and nothing morally significant about being human. Yet now you are outraged that anyone would believe that black people don’t have intrinsic value. You are now upset that racial evil isn’t being categorized as objective evil. Maybe your atheism will be convenient again when Trump isn’t president?
6. Your worst problem is you, not the federal government or the culture around you. Jesus said, “For from within, out of the heart of man, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, coveting, wickedness, deceit, sensuality, envy, slander, pride, foolishness. All these evil things come from within, and they defile a person.” (Mark 7:21-23) Jesus is talking about YOU.
7. You have a sin-tattoo deep in your heart that only God can remove. You have idol-statues in your heart much worse than Confederate generals that need to be struck down and burned in a fire. But you’re not willing to have them destroyed. You love them too much. You love gorging yourself on late-night filth, your envy and gossip, your self-pleasure more than the alt-right loves their white skin and racial identity.
8. You have more hatred in your heart that you know or are willing to admit. Jesus told the Pharisees, “None of you keeps the law. Why do you seek to kill me?” (John 7:19) They answered, “You have a demon! Who is seeking to kill you?” But given the right circumstances, given the right mob mentality, given their love for maintaining power, given their convenient appeal to postmodernism (“What is truth?”, said Pontius Pilate), they DID kill him.
9. You have a monster inside of you worse than the monster of Stranger Things. You were born with a nature that grows into this. And you need to be born again. You need to kill the monster inside. “For if you live according to the flesh you will die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.” (Romans 8:13)
10. All secular celebrations of diversity and racial reconciliation are ultimately unsatisfying, many of them even sometimes fraudulent. The world’s “peace” isn’t very peaceful. It is full of strife and dissension and hatred. Only Jesus can provide a universal, sustained, permanent peace between diverse races.
“For Christ himself has brought peace to us. He united Jews and Gentiles into one people when, in his own body on the cross, he broke down the wall of hostility that separated us… Together as one body, Christ reconciled both groups to God by means of his death on the cross, and our hostility toward each other was put to death.” (Ephesians 2:14, 16)
“After this I looked, and behold, a great multitude that no one could number, from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, with palm branches in their hands, and crying out with a loud voice, ‘Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!'” (Revelation 7:9-10)