- Never vote for a characteristic fool.
- Public figures who speak recklessly warrant strong denunciation and a call to repentance, not soft or euphemistic critique.
- By voting for for an immoral fool we lose the right to say, “Character counts.”
- Advocating for a fool stains a person’s conscience and credibility.
- A Trump presidency (not to mention candidacy) does great long-term multi-generational harm to conservatism and Christianity.
- A reckless fool for a president is evidence of God’s judgment.
- Never vote for someone who would be a bad role model for your children.
- We are not morally responsible for the outcome of an election between two fundamentally disqualified candidates, neither of which we voted for.
- Voting signals a significant degree of individual approval.
- We should be optimistic about God’s miraculous intervention and judgment and redemption.
- “It is true that all leaders, being sinners, will act foolishly on occasion. What we are looking for is consistent, characteristic fruit, not anomalies. If you find characteristic fruit of foolishness, do not be deceived by words or fear or any form of pressure. Do not elect a fool to a ruling position.” (Jon Bloom)
- “If we back the man who is proud, sexist, racist, libertine, a lover a money, then we will lose the right to say ‘character counts’ forever.” (John Mark Reynolds)
- “The Trump-supporting religious conservatives are right that he’s God’s instrument, but they don’t get that he’s the Babylonians.” (Ross Douthat)
- “God is the God of the impossible. He shows Himself in situations when all human possibilities have been exhausted. So when it appears that we find ourselves at the edge of the Red Sea, so to speak, with Pharaoh’s army on one side and an impenetrable barrier of water on the other – in such impossible circumstances – God is showing us that we cannot trust in ourselves to resolve the problem and instead would have us seek His face by humbling ourselves in prayer, not just asking for wisdom, but for His intervention. Perhaps He will be merciful and do something that none of us suspected.” (John Hyndryx)
- The Christian Case Against Donald Trump (my Medium article)
- How to Live Under an Unqualified President, by John Piper